Be it a contemporary home or a traditional one, a living rooms is an inevitable part of it, since man being a social animal needs space to socialize and spend time with friends and family. Below are a few tips that we bring you to get your living room’s vaastu in order.
1. The living room should always be in the East of North direction. In case you have a south facing home, then your living room can be in the South East corner.
2. If you have a small prayer or pooja room, then it’s best to have it in the North East as God presides in this direction.
3. If you love socializing and do not want your guests to leave in a hurry then have your living room located in the South West direction.
4. The floor and the ceiling of the living area should slope towards North or East.
5. Place your furniture, articles and heavy items in West or South side. If you are unable to do so then use a base of 1-3 inches height to keep furniture in North or North-East.
6. Place the TV in South-East corner; else it will break down often.
7. Keep telephone in East, South-East or North, and not in South-West or North-West.
8. Place air cooler and air conditioner in West, North-West or East and never in South-East.
9. You can have portraits of Gods or some beautiful paintings in the North-East wall or corner. Don’t hang paintings that are negative in nature like war, crime, crying, etc.
10. Use white, light yellow, blue or green colors for living room’s walls.